Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Breakfast of Champions...green juice

I started my day off with a green juice to get my own juices flowing. I've had a nasty sinus/chest infection since Saturday and I am not a happy camper!

Today's recipe:

Kale (of course!)
Dandelion
Cucumber
Green apples
Celery
Lemon
Beets
(I ran out of parsley, which I've been adding to this one!)

According to juicing/wellness warrior guru Kris Carr of Crazy Sexy Life, juicing is freaking awesome!! See what she has to say below:
Hands down the best way to increase our alkalinity and detox our purdy bodies is to consume a diet full of sunlight aka liquid chlorophyll.

Chlorophyll contains a powerful blood builder that’s said to increase red blood cells, improve circulation, ease inflammation, oxygenate the body, and counteract harmful free radicals. By eating (and drinking) a diet high in chlorophyll (raw fruits and veggies, especially leafy greens), we dine on liquid oxygen, the very substance we need to stay alive and thrive.
To read more about Juicing vs. Blending...go here!

May the juice be with you my fertile readers!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment