Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cramping Your Style...


PMS is a bitch...we all know this. I've tried several things to minimize the mood swings and the all too-lovely irritability and depression...along with the cramps before the real ones hit.


Previously I had been taking fish oil supplements as part of my daily vitamin regime. I was taking Nordic Naturals and what I liked about it was the addition of borage oil.

(FYI - Nordic Naturals Is the Official Omega-3 of the American Pregnancy Association)

Borage oil, which is much like evening primrose oil, contains gamma linolenic acid, or GLA, a fatty acid that the body converts to a hormone-like substance called prostaglandin that has anti-inflammatory properties and may also act as a blood thinner and blood vessel dilator.

In short, borage oil helps treat PMS symptoms and cramps. But I had to switch my fish oil to the liquid since my skin was so dry this winter. But the liquid didn’t have borage...so I found borage in a capsule on its own and its working better than when it was in the fish oil supplement!

According to Evitamins.com, borage seed oil is the richest source of GLA, containing 20 to 26%. Not only will borage oil help ease PMS and cramps but it can also do wonders for eczema and arthritis.


For more info visit: Evitamin.com or Wikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment