Thursday, December 1, 2011

Stick a pin in it...

The hubby and I have been going to acupuncture for about a month now...I really like my acupuncturist...her energy is healing and soothing and you can tell how much she cares for her patients.

Beyond treating us for fertility reasons she is working on both our backs and my sinuses of course.

The ongoing battle of my nose continues...is it a food allergy? Is it amplified hay fever? Am I just snotty? I don't know at this point but I am going to try as many things as I can.

It has been well documented that acupuncture, when done in conjunction with an assisted reproduction technique, can increase your chance of success.

According to my acupuncturist at Art of Acupuncture, acupuncture increases infertility and IVF success by 40-60%.

Chinese medicine can help improve the success rate of IVF in a number of ways:

-Improve the function of the ovaries to produce better quality eggs

-Regulate the hormones to produce a larger number of follicles

-Increase blood flow to the uterus and increases the thickness of the uterine lining

-Relax the patient and decrease their stress

-Prevent the uterus form contracting

-Lessen the side effects of drugs used in IVF

-Strengthen the immune system

-Improve semen to create better quality and quantity of embryos

-Decrease chances of miscarriage

Approximately, four to six months prior to the IVF procedure (or without IVF), it is recommended that the patient receive acupuncture and herbal treatments to regulate the body’s functions and make IVF more successful. Sometimes after just four months, the patient regains a normal menstrual cycle and is able to become pregnant naturally.

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally on board with acupuncture. I did it for 9 months and was preparing for IVF when I got my surprise natural BFP just a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete