Monday, June 21, 2010

PSA Time....Listen Up!

My dear blog readers...I don't want to be preachy but I am going to be. I must pass this story along. The video below is my friend Pam. She was hit by a truck while riding her bike and survived because she was wearing her helmet. We thank god she is alive today to tell us about it.

There are two lessons  here...First, obviously, if you or a family member, friend, dog, whoever are riding a bike, rollerblading, on a tri-cycle, motorcycle, scooter...wear your helmet!! Second (and Oprah would second this) DO NOT TEXT while driving. Pam doesn't mention it here but the teenager who hit her and dragged her down the street under his truck was texting his girlfriend at the time of the accident and wasn't paying attention.



If you are so inclined...be a part of Oprah's No Phone Zone!

No comments:

Post a Comment