Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A Fabulous Year of Love!


Near the end of 2012, I bought this ornament for our Christmas tree:

Anthony & Alison
2013 - The Best Year Yet!
We were about to become parents. Something we had wanted so badly for such a long time. I didn't want to celebrate until that baby was in my arms but I couldn't resist this ornament and I wanted to celebrate every second of my new year and best year of my life to come with my new family.

This is me on Christmas Day 2012:


And about a week and three days later in 2013 we got the best gift we could ever ask for:






Little Eva Violet 'Peanut Butter, Booba, Cakes' Ciaccio arrived. She spent 3 loooooong days coming down the pike but she came out with her eyes wide open, looking around at this new world and checking out her parents. To say this was life changing doesn't even encompass how we felt holding this little miracle. How do you explain the best thing to ever happen in your life? She was here, healthy and all ours. We didn't have to give her back!

2013 was a year of firsts, a year of total bliss and some tears along the way, ours and hers. We are responsible for this brand, new life. That's overwhelming at times. When she was a couple weeks old I pretty much thought I had already ruined her life. I can't even remember what it was about but I remember crying to my husband about it. Let's just say those first three months were a hormonal roller coaster of emotion and breastfeeding and no sleep and crazy joy and just crazy, crazy! But I loved every second. Even the seconds of pain, I was happy to be enduring and I am not just saying that with rose colored glasses. I was in those moments and was happy with every second of them! Gratitude abounds!




The year in review...in case you haven't seen enough pictures of my daughter :)








We made it through this first year and that's definitely something to celebrate. We kept her alive and she grew and did all of her cute (and smelly) baby things! Cheers to 2013 and here is to another new year ahead of more firsts and lots more joy and love. xxoo


Eva's first Christmas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment