Friday, June 1, 2012

A long overdue update...

This blog and my readers have been on my mind for so long...I wanted to write but I also wanted to be certain.

And I feel confident today to say with certainty that my IVF worked (HOLY CRAP) and I am pregnant (DOUBLE HOLY CRAP)! It is unbelievable to even write that down, to acknowledge it and even attempt to accept it.

I told my husband that I won't accept it for real until the baby is in my arms...and that remains the truth. After five long years of trying and trying some more  it is really like a dream. Even the nauseousness and fatigue and all of that is like a dream...I swear I am happy for all of it. BRING IT ON!! ( I maybe complaining about this later but for now when someone in my office heats up fish in the office microwave and I walk by and almost puke in the recyclable bin...I am happy for that :)

I also can't wait to have a big belly...I am not concerned about "being fat" and am happy that I will be expanding! I am not taking any of this and what it all means for granted.

So I cheated the day before my first blood test at Sher and got a positive at night and another one the next morning...in all these years I never seen two lines...and part of me really thought I never would. I also never thought I would be a person who posts pictures of pee sticks...but hey, things change!

Yup, here they are
As of this writing I am 8 weeks along. My hubs calls me and texts me randomly to yell " We are going to be parents!!" Its other worldly!  My due date is January 9...which happens to be my Grammy's Bday :)

The initial sonogram showed two sacs, however one was smaller than the other and unfortunately did not continue to grow. But we have one growing, healthy baby who is now the size of a green olive!

Just this past Wednesday we got to hear the heartbeat...it was 170 to be exact! We saw the little babe (who resembles a platypus) and sadly (although for good reason) I was released by Dr. T.

Hello Platy...you look marvellous!

In a perfect world Dr. T would also deliver my baby and I wouldn't have to leave his nice office with his lovely staff and awesome nurses. But it means I have graduated and that is super!! I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

I will still be hanging around there though for a few weeks to come....part of my treatment still includes immune issues and I will keep getting intralipid IVs to keep my killer cells low and the baby growing and happy.

One day I will be celebrating is June 17...that is the day I NO LONGER have to do my progesterone shots. I HATE THEM. There is no way around it. My bum is black and blue and lumpy and itchy....all very sexy things. Sometimes I don't feel the shot..other times it feels like a dagger in my butt with poison being pushed out. It remains my nemesis. Oh how I loathe you.

But to be Mrs. Brightside...I do them bc I am PREGNANT and that trumps all of it and makes everything worth it no matter what!

The hubby and I haven't gone totally public with this...so those of you who read this and know me, please keep it between us for now. xoxo

**One more thing: The lovely staff and doctors at Sher Institute for Reproductive Medicine are doing something spectacular! They are donating a free IVF cycle in honor of Father's Day. They have offices throughout the US so check it out! And hurry...the deadline is June 6!!

In recognition of Father’s Day, we are excited to announce our “I Believe” Video Journal Project.   Father’s Day can be another tough “Hallmark Holiday” when you are trying to start or add to your family, so to provide a ray of hope, we are happy to be able to donate a free IVF cycle to one person/couple this Father’s Day weekend. 
To be considered for the donated IVF cycle, just create a video that details your infertility story and expresses your thoughts and emotions.
To find out more details and how to enter click here




5 comments:

  1. That is so cute of your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am beyond happy for you Alison! I know its been a long journey! XO But when you hold that beautiful baby in your arms...the struggle will seem so worth it! Lets get together at some point if at all possible!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are more like disposable diapers with narrow crotch and wide wings to wrap around your baby’s waist. However, you have to keep buying these diapers as your baby grows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone knows that E-Liquid is made from all natural or chemical ingredients. You will find many companies that make different E-Liquids with nicotine and other chemicals in them. What you may not know is that Nicotine shots are in most of the E-Liquid problem with my friends smoking, I mean I know it is something that we all do. However, it has gotten to the point where it becomes a problem for me as well. The problem with this is that I would have to go out and buy Nicotine shots every time I wanted to smoke one of the many E-Liquids on the market. This just does not seem fair to me and at the same time it is not fair to the people that are trying to quit smoking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete